Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Collaging from the Heart

Kathy Sandler taught a fun workshop at the Purple Pear last Thursday. I was amazed what her students produced.
All the journals were collaged with images and papers that Kathy brought. Some of the students brought images they wanted to include as well.
I think the fact that the representations are all so different reflects the individual expression of each and how Kathy encourages each person to work from the heart and design accordingly.
I was in the back most of the time with customers, but when I walked out to see what they had created, I was amazed at the beauty and well as the differences expressed by each.
Kathy has wonderful stamps that she shares as well. I love the written word anyway, and I like the way it is used in some of these journals. Kathy's next classes will be on April 14. She will be teaching two classes back-to-back from 11:am to 2:pm and from 2:pm to 5:pm. Leave a comment here if you would like to join her and explore the many variations of this fun and personal collaged journal.

No comments: