Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring into The Purple Pear

The rain the last few days has been unrelenting in Portland. I have to say I don't mind it and I am not sure why this is, but a lot of people are seriously affected by it. Last Friday, I stopped to buy some spring flowers to put in the window of my shop, and it seemed to lift a few spirits.
Annie Sloan is nearing the end of her US Tour in a few days and I am ending my last scheduling of workshops on Saturday. I am doing the Basic Six from 1-5 or 5:30 pm. I am completely revising my workshops and labeling them according to level. I have also decided to offer fewer techniques per class, so there is time to assimilate things, ask more questions. I also want to do a color class where we play with Annie's Chalk Paint and take certain colors and make gradations of tones. All these and more will be available in early April, so stay tuned for a more eclectic mix and lots of fun! And before we know it the sun will be bright, and we will be wearing summer dresses and shorts.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Phyllis! My goodness what a beautiful flower arrangement! It's like you've created a tiered spring garden right there in your shop window! I am excited to hear more about the changes you're making to your workshops!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda