Sunday, May 20, 2012

Spring Green Reflects a Business

One of the benefits of having a retail space in one of Portland's Activ Space locations is the feeling of being part of a community of small businesses. One of these people that moved into her space around the same time as I did was Jasmine Tran of Essance, a natural aromatherapy company that specializes in holistic skincare and aromatherapy. Jasmine is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to her business. We often chat about our businesses, and frequently are the only two left working in our shops after every one has closed down. One morning I went to visit her in her shop, and she asked me about an unpainted display table. She wondered if she could paint it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™.
Jasmine has the most beautiful spring green her shop that reflects the vibrancy of her products. Her products are green in the sense that she uses natural ingredients, no chemicals, eco-friendly, and are vegan, a big requirement for me when I am looking for any skincare products. When she asked about this special paint, I had recalled a color I created with Arles, Antibes Green, and Chateau Grey. It was so close to her shop colors that I was quite amazed when I saw the results after she had painted the table and showed it to me a few days later.
This is the piece before she added the hardware.
This is the finished piece!
And here is Jasmine, one of the most positive women I have met. Check out her website at www.essance-us.com.

No comments: