Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back to The Purple Pear

I have had a few days to relax near Houston, Texas with my husband, oldest daughter, and three grandchildren over the Thanksgiving holiday. My grandchildren agreed to visit a home where their mother spent some of her childhood and then we were off to bake Christmas cookies and spend one last night together.
After we took the grandkids to school on Monday, we drove to Round Top to do some antiquing along the way before we headed back to Houston to fly out to Portland. As we headed back, I saw this sign designating Rachel Ashwell's prairie B&B and shop in the countryside near Round Top. I knew she lived near the area, but was surprised when I saw the sign designating the site.
In one of my visits to an antique shop in the town of Brenham I discovered the most delightful shop called "Gypsy Antiques". It had the most wonderful array of collections, and I saw this painted shelf and thought it was so beautiful!
Today I returned to my shop with the anticipated delivery of a new line of paint! I have added another decorative/furniture paint from Miss Mustard Seed! The packaging and the names of the paint colors are so delightful, "Tricycle, Typewriter, Kitchen Scale, Grain Sack, Luckette Green, Mustard Seed Yellow, Flow Blue, Shutter Gray, and French Enamel. Well let's see if we can't find our way to some expression and adventure with these enticing names!
Fun!!!
The move to this new location is coming into its own sort of peace and contentment. It all began with the incredible Annie Sloan and now it is "unfolding" and embracing all manner of new ventures and ideas and colors and dreams.

1 comment:

jude said...

Looks like you found your creative place. everything looks wonderful, congratulations!