Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Construction Crunch

Welcome to my kitchen!!! When there is remodeling going on in your place of business, it tends to sometimes transfer chaos to one's home life too. This Sunday my husband and I decided to take advantage of the store being closed and planned a one night trip up to Mt Hood, one of my favorite places to visit. However, before we left, I actually took several hours and cleaned my kitchen out of Chalk Paint and a little madness.
We did not arrive on the mountain until nearly dark, but in the morning the sun was on the mountain and it was majestic!
Yesterday I finally got around to painting two tables that I will finish today. It felt so good to pick up a paintbrush again and dip into a quart of Chalk Paint™ decorative paint.
After closing my store last night, I had to run out to Home Depot for a few items, metal stripping for the corner of a wall.....
And some joint compound. Unfortunately, the one that I was looking for was completely gone so I had to go to another store. Funny how one can be so oblivious to certain items in a store until you have to purchase them. I had no idea there were so many kinds of joint compounds out there. Some even come in a box already mixed and for some odd reason, it made be think of boxed wine!
Now I am busy getting ready for Plucky Maidens. This is always a fun show to participate in and equally fun to attend. Hope to see many of you there. I will be selling Chalk Paint™, painted furniture, pillows I have made, Christmas stockings and lots more!

No comments: