Saturday, November 3, 2012

Store Progress

We're almost completed with my store remodeling, and my customers have been so gracious in spite of the sawing, hammering and other usual construction noises. We've enjoyed sharing our Annie Sloan products with so many of you at the new location at 6016 NE Glisan in Portland.
This morning, I made my first sale of Annie's fabric at my new store to a true lover of the French country look. Debra Ruggles, from Canby, Oregon, is shown in the photo below with her purchase of Normandy Toile. I wanted to capture this exciting moment for The Purple Pear and Debra was gracious enough to allow me to do that. Thanks Debra! Please stop in and take a look at the other three designs that I am offering. They are all beautiful and the quality is superb!
The Purple Pear will be the location for many exciting events during the remainder of 2012 as well as for the new year ahead. In 2013, we will be hosting an evening guest artist series. More immediate, several workshops are scheduled for November and December, mixed in between the holidays. Please check the dates on my website's "Welcome" page.
Also, a grand opening for my new store has been set for Saturday, December 8, from 4-7 pm. (More to follow in a subsequent blog.)
Finally, for those of you who have already stopped by The Purple Pear's new location on Glisan Street, I want to express my appreciation for your visits. The remaining touches of remodeling will soon be completed, and it is my hope that The Purple Pear will be a place to find joy and inspiration. As one of my favorite artists, Georgia O'Keeffe, once said, "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for."

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Phyllis,

I can't wait to see your new store! I promise to come by as soon as I can.

Best of wishes in your new spot!

Liz